Last Sunday 27 November, a selection of the garden's spring produce was transformed into a delicious brunch for 40 people. The Spring into the Garden brunch was made possible with the combined effort of Slow Food Saddleback, Kiama Council and the Kiama Community garden. The atmosphere and the dining was wonderful, So much so, that people have already expressed their interest in coming back for more of the same!
This weekend our planned work will help us maintain, organise and generate a beautiful and bountiful summer place for us all. Hope you can join us from 0830am.
Jobs for Saturday 3 December include:
- Begin preparing pergola uprights for oiling.
- Relocate some of the herbs from raised garden bed to half wine barrel.
- Clear an easily accessible path through to the back of the shipping container.
- Mulch top bank with lucerne.
- Thin out unsuitable hybrid zucchinis.
- Plant pure strain Zucchini from Italian Gardener.
- Harvest and share Beans, Zucchini, Beetroot and Chard.
- Turn Hot Compost.
- Check Citrus for pests.
- Eat cake – celebrate – and enjoy each other’s company!